The opening for ‘An Anatomical Chart of Love Pains’ takes place at The Model Sligo, on Saturday 13 April at 6pm. This exhibition runs until June 16th. More information can be found on The Model website.
The Artmart Studios proudly presents the new show edge of urge, which is a group exhibition of Fine Art students work from the Institute of Technology Sligo.
The exhibition draws together a wide variety of practices and as the time is close for these students to have to face the harsh reality of surviving as practicing artists within these difficult economic times the show is an expression of this soon to come reality.
The opening of edge of urge is on Sat 29th May at 7pm, ArtMart studios, 7 Lower the mall,
Opening Times 11am – 5pm Monday to Friday
All are welcome
Last weekend saw the official opening of Medium Religion at The Model‘s Satellite exhibition space on Castle Street. The exhibition is now open to the public from now until August 16th. A total of 23 international artists took part in the exhibition which is produced by KZM, Karlsruhe, Germany.
You mayhave noticed the two figures of Jesus in the window at Castle House, well now the doors are open, go forth and see the sequins!
Full details here
Medium Religion// The Model Satellite// Castle House// Now- Aug 16th
As the rain hopefully disappears for the weekend, we hope you can leave the brollys behind and make it to some of the events below from the Vogler Spring Festival, to the Sligo Races, Jazz and Theatre -there is plenty going on! And don’t forget, the much-longed for Garavogue Bar re-opens this weekend! If you are on twitter, don’t forget to follow us for daily updates through-out the week.
Sat 2nd May
- Volger Spring Festival// Continues until Monday May 4th//St. Columba’s Church Drumcliff
- Des Bishop//The Hawk’s Well Theatre, 8pm, €25/€23
- The Methodist Church present Sligo’s first Flower Festival //May 1st- May 4th
- Ex Prodigy member Leeroy Thornhill// The Clarence, 11pm
Sun 3rd May
- Tony De Marco & Guests// Barry’s Public House//Grange 9pm tix €10
- Signals In the Dark: Art In the Shadow of War exhibition closes, Castle House, Castle Street, The Model Satellite 4pm
- Sligo Jazz //Kieran Quinn, Dave Flynn & Sinead Conway//Tobergal Lane Cafe//3pm
- Sligo Races// Sligo Race Course// 3pm
Mon 4th May
Bank Holiday (hurrah)
Sligo Camera Club meets the first Tuesday of every month, the Scout Den, the Lungy.
Wed 6th May
Fil Campbell- Songbirds //The Dock Carrick On Shannon// 2pm Tix €15/12
Thur 7th May
The Jack Grace Band// Barry’s Public House //Grange, 9pmtix €10
Blue Raincoat Theatre Company present The Last Mile by Malcom Hamilton, 8pm until May 16th
Fri 8th May
The Odd Couple// Tobergal Lane Cafe// 10.30pm
Fri 24th April
- Les Scallopes, 10 piece French Ska band//The Leitrim Bar //€10 -Ska Disco till late
- The Soupcat Bluff Band// Tobergal Lane Café// Adm Free// 10.30pm
- ‘Drawing Between’// exhibition by Hidehiko Ishibashi & Andy Parsons// Wolf on Arm// Wolftone Street Pharmacy
Sat 25th April
- Brian Kennedy// The Hawk’s Well Theatre // €30
- Bookashade & The Japanese Popstars// The Clarence// Doors 10pm
- Playback Theatre // The Glens Centre // 8.30pm
- The Moon // Sligo’s Alternative Club Night// Tobergal Lane Cafe // 10pm till late// Adm €5
- Craic in The Box// McGarrigles// with Pat McDonnell (Naked Camera) and Jason Coughlan // 8.30pm // Adm €10
Sun 26th April
- Faure’s Requim by Sligo Orpheus Choir // The Hawk’s Well Theatre @ Holy Dominican Friary, High Street//
- Odd Couple Blues// with Sinead Conway// Tobergal Lane Cafe// 3pm Adm Free
Tues 28th April
- ‘Boxes’ presented by CoisCeim // The Hawkswell Theatre// 8pm // €18
Wed 29th April
- Signals in The Dark: Art in The Shadow of War- final public tour with Director/Curator Seamus Kealy// 5pm// Castle House// Castle Street
- Ursuline College School Musical Show// The Hawk’s Well Theatre// 8pm // €12
- The Last Wednesday// With Martin O’Connor, Cathal Hayden & Seamie O’Dowd// The Dock //8.30pm €20/€18
- Every Wednesday! Sligo Gaiety Cinema €4.80 per ticket, wicked wednesday special
Thurs 30th April
Performing Arts , IT Sligo Year One, First Year Production of Aristophanes ‘The Birds’ ( Act 1) 1pm & 7pm All Welcome
Fri 1st May
Tonight,9pm, Barrys Public House Grange… Donal Murphy, Steve Cooney & Gino Lupari
Tonight Fri 17th April, The Clarence, 11pm, Messiah & The Expert
Tonight, 7.30pm European Ballet presents Cinderella Hawks Well Theatre, A sumptuous version of Prokoflev’s great classical ballet. Tickets €22/€18/€16 under 16s
Sat 18th April, 8pm Hawkswell Theatre “EBB & FLOW”- A musical voyage through lands and seas, €22
Sat April 18th, 8pm, Congolese Musician Niwel Tsumbu to play The Factory Performance space, Sligo Tickets €15
Sat April 18th, 8.30pm At The Racket Play the Glens Centre
Sun April 19th, 8pm, The Factory Performance Space, Duck Baker, Blues, Ragtime, Swing, Jazz, Celtic
Sun April 19th , 3pm Tobergal Lane Café, 3pm: Mike Nielsen Guitar, Eddie Lee Bass, Ken McDonald Tobergal Lane Café
Wed 22ndApril, http://www.thedock.ie/, 8.30pm Carrick On-Shannon, BeezNeez presents Love is.. €17€17
Wed 22nd April, Tobergal Lane Café, Sean Nos Dancing with cos Cos from 9pm
Every Wednesday! Sligo Gaiety Cinema, €4.80 per ticket..wicked wednesday special
Thurs 23rd April The Glens Centre,8.30pm The St. Kilda Tapes(Scotland) Silent films from Scotland with live music written & performed by David Allison €15/€12
Thurs 23 April,Enterprise Information Day,Glasshouse Hotel hosted by Sligo’s County Enterprise Board-aim to attract new enterprise to Sligo
Friday 24 April, 10.30pm Tobergal Lane Café, adm free: The Soupcat Bluff Bandfeaturing Susan Tomelty: Susan Tomelty, vocal and percussion, Tony Travers, drums, Karl Burthom guitar and Patrick Cereghetti double bass
Make sure you get your tickets for….
Tues 28th April CoisCéim Dance Theatre Presents Boxes, by David Bolger, The Hawks Well Theatre
Sat 2nd May Fancy Pants Castle Party, Markree Castle, Sligo, with Donal Dineen and Neosupervital
Sun 15th March – Sun 3rd May Signals in the Dark: Art in the Shadow of War, 2009.This Exhibition takes place at the new Model Satellite space in Castle House, 9 Castle Street, Sligo.
28th March – 22nd April Economics & frolitics, by Brigit Beemster, The Cat & The Moon Gallery
28th March- 22nd ApriWorks by Yoko Akina Talie Mau & Frieda Meaney, at The & The Moon Galleryl